These cookies have been in my family for about 40 years. Maybe a little longer. My Mom copied the recipe from a neighbor, and Mom is convinced she must have copied it wrong because the cookies never turned out the way our neighbors did. In mine and my families opinion, they came out BETTER!
2 cups butter flavored crisco
2 cups brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons vanilla
5 cups of flour
1 bag semi sweet chocolate chips
1. Cream crisco and sugars together until light and fluffy.
2. Add eggs one at a time, mix well
3. While mixer mixes, add salt, soda and vanilla
4. While mixer continues doing it thing....add flour one 1/2 cup at a time, once flour is incoperated, add chips let mix for just a couple seconds.
5. Chill dough for an hour or so. Bake cookies about 9 minutes at 375 degrees
6. Can bake into bars...place in large greased jelly roll pan and bake at 325 for 20-30 minutes